Holiday Camp/Coaching Session – Uncollected Children Policy
Rugby Cricket Academy endeavours to ensure that all children are collected by a parent or carer at the end of each session. If a child is not collected, and the parent or carer has not notified us
that they will be delayed, we will follow the procedure set out below:
Up to 15 minutes late
• When the parent or carer arrives they will be reminded that they must call the RCA to notify us if they are delayed.
• The parent or carer will be informed that penalty fees will have to be charged (at the Director of Coaching’s discretion).
Over 15 minutes late
• If a parent or carer is more than 15 minutes late in collecting their child, the coach will try to contact them using the contact details on file.
• If there is no response from the parent or carer, messages will be left requesting that they contact the RCA immediately. The coach will then try to contact the emergency contacts listed on
the child’s registration form.
• While waiting to be collected, the child will be supervised by a member of staff.
• When the parent or carer arrives they will be reminded that they must call the RCA to notify us if they are delayed, and that penalty fees will have to be charged (except in exceptional
Over 30 minutes late
• If the manager has been unable to contact the child’s parents or carers after 30 minutes, the manager will contact the local Social Care team for advice.
• The child will remain in the care of the RCA’s staff, on the premises if possible, until collected by the parent or carer, or until placed in the care of the Social Care team.
• If it is not possible for the child to remain at the premises, a note will be left on the door of the premises informing the child’s parent or carer where the child has been taken (eg to the home
of a staff member or into the care of a safeguarding agency) and leaving a contact number. A further message will be left on the parent or carer’s telephone explaining events.
Managing persistent lateness
The Director of Coaching will record incidents of late collection and will discuss them with the child’s parents or carers. Parents and carers will be reminded that if they persistently collect their
child late they may lose their membership with the Rugby Cricket Academy.
Useful contacts – Wes Landsdale (Director of Coaching) 07495 677364